Day I Arrival in Durres short break and meeting with the agency guide. We head to Vlora, the southern part of the country. The Riviera of Flowers from Vlora to Saranda, offers one of the most beautiful views in the country. The beautiful south coast of Albania welcome you with its enchanting sea, beautiful beaches […]Book Now Ask a Question
Arrival in Durres short break and meeting with the agency guide. We head to Vlora, the southern part of the country. The Riviera of Flowers from Vlora to Saranda, offers one of the most beautiful views in the country. The beautiful south coast of Albania welcome you with its enchanting sea, beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters.
• the Museum of Independence
• The mosque of Muradie
• The tomb of Ismail Qemali (father of independence from the Ottoman Empire)
• The impressive Independence Square.
Later we drive, through the step of Llogara, in Saranda with its nearly 1000 meters above sea level. More to the south of Himare in a small bay lies the castle of Porto Palermo built by Ali Pasha of Ioannina at the dawn of the nineteenth century and still is in excellent condition.
In the late afternoon we head to Saranda and visit the center. The city takes its name from ‘ancient monastery situated on the hill of the “40 Saints”. Accommodation in the rooms booked and typical dinner
After breakfast at the hotel at about 08:30, we head to the greek border. Before arriving in Argyrokastron is a wonderful source of ice-cold water which is called “Syri i kalter” (blue eye). After a short break we head to the beautiful and little known Ioannina (capital of Epirus). The old town is full of old Ottoman buildings and shops where is worked the silver. The city is also a huge boating lake, surrounded by beautiful mountains. Late afternoon return to Igoumenitsa and boarding for Corfu. After accommodation in the rooms we prepare for a beautiful evening in one of the most famous clubs in the area.
After breakfast at the hotel we prepare to visit the monuments of this island, famous all over the world for its splendor.
• Kanoni is a beautiful suburb that you should not miss: elegant villas, ancient ruins characterize this village, located in south of the town, and in the southern part of the peninsula of Kanoni is the small monastery dedicated to Our Lady of Vlaherna.
• The palace of Achilleion is most famous because it was the residence of Princess Sissi and is located about ten kilometers in south of the city. It was Sissi who decided to dedicate the building to Achilles because he loved the Greek culture and wanted to pay homage, hence the name Achilleion.
• Paleokastritsa : Paleokastritsa Monastery gets its name from the place where it is located and lies for precision on the promontory that characterizes the entire area. The monastery was founded in 1225, then in the eighteenth century was built the main church dedicated to the Holy Virgin and the monks cells. The view from the monastery is charming and, over the sea, you can admire the small island across from the beach that looks the shape of a ship.
After the visits we head to the hotel to accommodate and enjoy the dinner.
The city of Corfu, especially in its old part, is perhaps one of the most beautiful jewels of modern Greece. The Esplanade of Corfu is a great area full of green that separates the city from the old fortress; its name is due to the complete absence of the buildings. A significant memory also comes from the time when Corfu was conquered by the French; Entering the old city from the harbor side, before reaching it, is located what is perhaps the most famous religious monument of the island: the church of St. Spyridon. After lunch we prepare to take the ship that leads to the town of Igoumenitsa and after them we head back to Saranda. After dinner a special evening is reserved.
After breakfast at the hotel we will head to Butrint. Archaeological site on the borders with Greece facing the island of Corfu, presents of the fortifications, dating from the sixth century . For its beauty Butrint was recently declared a Unesco World Heritage. After the visit back to Durres. Free lunch and in the late evening panoramic view of the city of Durres and from there imbarcation in the ship where we head to Bari and end of our service.
• The çonlek (stew meat and onions),
• The ferges (a beef stew very rich),
• The rosto me salce kosi (roasted with sour cream) and
• Tave kosi (mutton with yogurt). Peppers and eggplant stuffed with rice and meat, are delicious
• The shishqebap (shish kebab), romsteak (minced meat pie) and qofte (meatballs).
• Typical wine raki (brandy),
• The konjac (cognac),
• The ouzo (anise liqueur very similar to the greek) and other fruit liqueurs.
• The beer Korca is a Albanian beer really good.
CLUBS, RESTAURANTS AND BARS TYPICAL WITH MUSIC, AND IN CORFU BUZUK WILL ENRICH YOUR EVENINGS.
• Ferry Bari-Durres-Bari (all cabins with 2 or 4 beds, with services)
• Hotel in Saranda 3 * – 2 nights with HB
• Guided tour of the City
• Ferry Igoumenitsa-Corfu-Igoumenitsa (duration 40min)
• Hotel in Corfu 3 * – 2 nights in HB
• Museum and Mosque in Saranda
• Visit the site of Butrint
• Palace Achilleon Corfu
• Paleokastritsa Corfu
• Bus Grand Tourism for all the tour
• Accompanying from Italy
• Insurance Coverage