Day I Arrival in Durres at 7:00 am and continue to the city of love, Korca. During the trip there are multiple stops, one in the city of Elbasan in the walls of the city and another longest in the city of Pogradec. We can enjoy the clean air and the freshness that gives us […]
Arrival in Durres at 7:00 am and continue to the city of love, Korca. During the trip there are multiple stops, one in the city of Elbasan in the walls of the city and another longest in the city of Pogradec. We can enjoy the clean air and the freshness that gives us the lake of Pogradec. After lunch in a special place in Pogradec we take again the route for Korca where we can visit:
• The medieval museum,
• Orthodox cathedral of the city of Korca,
• Market (Pazar) of Korca
• Museum of the first Albanian school.
After customs procedures in Kapshtica we head towards the city of Kalabaka. Accommodation and dinner in hotel.
After breakfast we start our trip to the discovery of the famous city of Kalabaka. The best way to discover the extraordinary beauty of Meteora with its interesting rock formations is walking. The tour will begin with:
• Square Kastraki and then the Hermitage of Dupiani.
• The ruins of Pantokratoros monastery on the northern side of the rock to reach the Dupiani Ypapanti Monastery and the ruins of St. Dimitrios, a monastery destroyed by the Ottomans in 1808 during a ‘local insurrection.
• From here, the path leads uphill to the majestic Monastery of Great Meteora and Varlaam, two of the six Eastern Orthodox monasteries in the area, all declared World Heritage by UNESCO.
After this visit we head towards the border with Turkey to continue to Istanbul. Along the way there will be short breaks. Accommodation and dinner in hotel.
After breakfast in hotel we start our tour of the largest city of Turkey, the conjunction bridge of two continents and two cultures. This one day tour dedicated to the characteristic sites of Istanbul, where we can discover the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar market.
• The Hagia Sophia is certainly one of the main attractions of Istanbul: the largest Byzantine church, is also the fourth largest church in the world.
• We will also visit the Mosque of Sultan Ahmet, icon of Istanbul.
• We continue then the visit to the Hippodrome. In the Byzantine period was originally a large oval arena, with a number of places that can accommodate up to 100,000 people.
• Will discover the beauties of the Topkapi Palace, the former residence of the Ottoman Sultan. Today is a spectacular museum, which boasts one of the largest collections of Chinese porcelain in the world, along with the famous treasure of the Royal Family.
Then we walk along the lively streets and stands of the Grand Bazaar, turkish market that dates back to the fifteenth century.
• Finally we visit the famous estuary of the Golden Horn: along the coast will see the Roman Walls and the Byzantine churches also the strip of water that separates Europe from Asia.
Back in hotel and typical turkey dinner reserved in a splendid place.
After breakfast at the hotel we head back to Greece to visit the city of Thessaloniki. Thessaloniki is the second city of Greece in terms of size, economy and political life. Our tour begins with:
• Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki where we will have the opportunity to know the archaeological values collected during the Ottoman Empire.
• The White Tower in the central square of the city, built in the fifteenth century, is a monument and museum. First built by the Ottomans for the fortification of the city, then became a famous prison and scene of mass executions during the Ottoman rule. You essentially restored after Greece won control of the city in 1912 and adopted as a symbol of the city.
• Then visit to the church of St. Sophia and the Byzantine church of Saint Demetrius and in his grave, and from here the Ancient Agora (central bazaar in the city of Thessaloniki).
• The tour will end in Aristotle Square enjoying the beauty of the coast and the time available for lunch which is optional
• Accommodation in hotel and dinner reserved in a typical greek restaurant. Buzuk optional.
After breakfast in hotel we head towards the city of Durres. During the road a long layover in a beautiful place near the border with Albania, Kastorio. Located near the lake will amaze us with its charm. After that we prepare for customs procedures to reach the end our final goal Durres where we prepare to embark for the return trip. End of our service.